Blackberry Setup Guide for Red Pocket Mobile
2011/02/23 § Leave a comment
However, by following the steps below you should be able to access Red Pocket’s 3G mobile web and send and receive email using Google’s handy Gmail application.
Please note that Red Pocket Mobile will not support any Blackberry-related issues. This information is posted here as a public service only by someone just trying to help. Your results may vary and are not guaranteed.
Setting the APN
1. Select Options or Settings and then select Options.
2. Select Advanced Options.
3. Select TCP (Option will say TCP/IP on OS 4.6 and higher).
4. If applicable, check mark the APN Settings Enabled box.
5. Enter att.mvno as the APN. Ensure no entries in the username or password fields.
6. Click the back arrow and then select Save.
Delete any existing Carrier Service Books
1. Select Options then select Advanced Options.
2. Scroll down and select Service Books.
3. Delete any listings for [browser configuration].
4. Back out and save the changes.
Opera Browser Download and Installation from a Blackberry Wi-Fi Connection:
1. Select the Manage Connections icon.
2. Checkmark the Wi-Fi checkbox.
3. Select Setup Wi-Fi.
4. Select Scan for Networks.
5. Connect to an available network.
6. Open the Browser icon.
7. Select Go to from the Blackberry menu key and go to http://mini.opera.com (NOTE: If the browser still says no network connection press the menu button, select Options-General, and switch to the Hotspot browser.
8. Download/install the Opera Mini browser.
9. Once installed, power cycle the Blackberry.
Opera Browser Download and Installation from a personal computer (make sure the Blackberry Desktop Manager software is installed):
1. Go to http://www.opera.com/mini.
2. Click the Download Opera Mini link.
3. Select your Blackberry model from the drop-down list.
(Note: If you don’t see your specific Blackberry model, choose Opera Mini generic)
4. Follow the prompts and download the software to the desktop.
5. Right-click the downloaded software and select Extract All (a new, unzipped folder will appear on the desktop).
6. Plug the Blackberry in to the PC via USB cable connection.
7. Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager.
8. Click on the Application Loader icon.
9. Click the Browse button and browse to the downloaded and unzipped folder and then select the operette-hifi-en-us-nojsr75.alx file.
10. Click Next from the Blackberry Desktop Manager and follow the installation prompts.
GMAIL app Install
1. After installing the browser, go to http://gmail.com/app.
2. Click on “Open”.
3. Message opens up “The application Opera Mini is attempting to invoke the browser to view m.google.com. Would you like to allow this?”
4. Click Yes.
5. Click on Download.
Google SYNC (Contacts and Calendar)
1. Go to http://m.google.com/sync
2. Click on “Install Now”.
3. Follow any further instructions.
If you have any additional suggestions, please comment them here!